Richardson Public Library
The RPL has been a lifeline for my family during this economic rough patch.
- DVDs and CDs to rent for entertainment. I haven't been to a multiplex in years.
- books (duh)
- Wifi. IMO the wifi is a tremendous value for taxpayer money. No additional hardware required for users; they bring their own. I wouldn't mind paying for a buildout of that infrastructure. Nothing fancy, just enough bandwidth to check email and do light browsing. The kind of stuff students, job seekers, and the retired might need.
- the new Six Flags-style waiting line seems to be an improvement
- Interested and interesting reference librarians stashed away in the basement. If you haven't been down there take a few minutes to poke around.
- RPL director Steve Benson is kicking butt, in every way I can think of.
- It's time to consider a separate slot on future bond votes just for the RPL; I believe they are doing great work with our collective tax monies.
COR Solid Waste
- Our guys are efficient, quiet, and don't make a mess. Thanks, guys!
- BABIC is Johnny-on-the-spot. An excellent program.