Thursday, June 17, 2010

M Cafe has closed

I liked this place, but it's closed down.  I should have realized ut when I got this spam recently:

My name is John Macatee, and I am the former owner of M Cafe', Atlanta Bread Company, and Macatee Brokers, Inc..  I want to make you aware of the fact that in late 2009 I aligned my financial services practice with New York Life.  I have had the opportunity to establish myself as a valuable resource to many individuals, families, and business owners.  I have had great success in developing plans to help guide my clients toward reaching their financial objectives. 
The email addy it was sent to was on my business card, so I assume I dropped a card in a jar or similar.  Maybe I can't call it spam if I gave them my email addy.  Or maybe I can since it's not being used by the company I gave it to?  Hmmm.

I had assumed that the owner had sold the place to another owner at some point rather than shutting it down.  Guess not. Seems to me that little strip is in sad shape.

4 comments:

mccalpin said...

Yeah, Arapaho and Coit is a tough area to do business in. We've missed the Borders book store, the Chuck's, the deli that used to occupy the M Cafe space...

I suspect their biggest problem is Coit and Campbell, a successful (for the most part) shopping and dining area just a mile up the road...

Such things are hard to govern, but I wish anyone in the Arapaho Village space good luck...who's the latest tenant? Joe's Italian Villa? Have to go check that out!

Bill

frater jason said...

The deli was Bagelstein's, which had been next to Bill's Records on SV for years before that. They moved down to the Preston Royal area then closed up shop. I was amused that the best bacon I've ever eaten was there at a (nominally) Jewish deli.

Coit/Campbell may be part of the challenge but that strip seems to be courting a more upmarket demographic. UTD staff/profs and the like?

Anonymous said...

I understand that places cannot make it in Spanish Village due to the management. I wish for the sake of the neighborhoods the management would be either easier to deal with or sell the shopping center. For it to remain empty for years, years and years is horrible for the neighborhood.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for taking the time to discuss this, I feel strongly about it and love learning more on this topic. If possible, as you gain expertise, would you mind updating your blog with more information.texas movingIt is extremely helpful for me .