Wednesday, October 6, 2010

NNO followup

Last year I rode a bicycle on every street in my neighborhood; took 2.5hrs. I stopped and talked to everyone I saw outside; two knew it was NNO.

So this year I sat in my front yard in a rocker alongside a card table to hold neighborhood info, Crime Watch info, NNO info, and a dog to keep me company. Saw four couples walking; none knew it was NNO.

It is not clear to me what else COR could do to get the word out on the cheap. I'm not so enamoured with NNO that I'd support buying new hardware for the project. Maybe drag around one of those programmable road signs if we already have one? Leave it at the main entrances to each neighborhood for a few days in Sept next year? Maybe that'd seed the idea at least.

2 comments:

Mark Steger said...

Volunteers in our neighborhood walked the neighborhood with flyers last week, knocking on doors and inviting neighbors to our block party. Turnout was excellent.

frater jason said...

I think the doorknocking would be the only meaningful way in our neighborhood.

Earlier we tried putting handbills on every door in HT to get people to our annual meeting and got about a half dozen. IMO not worth the shoeleather at that rate.