Monday, July 26, 2010

Three recommendations for auto services in Richardson

I've been meaning to mention these businesses, so here we go.

  • Discount Tire Co. on Midpark.   Discount Tire is superfantastic;  I would never, ever buy my tires anywhere else.  Seriously. Start a conversation around the watercooler with "hey, where should I buy my tires" and people will start gushing about Disco.
  • Bass Automotive on Floyd.  I've had a couple of repairs there. Good troubleshooting, repairs done quickly and at the quoted rate.  I don't remember who recommended these guys, but thanks!
  • If you have a Honda, your place is Hondew behind TI.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Northaven Auto is a good reliable place.

frater jason said...

Thanks for the tip. It appears to be these guys:
http://www.northavenauto.com/

The site notes "We {are} just south of the DART rail station at George Bush (Hwy190) and N. Central Expressway. {There} is also a Dart bus line that runs in front of our shop."

That kind of access makes it easier to drop off & pick up when you're on your lonesome.

frater jason said...

A quick DNS whois suggests it's DC's shop. I've never been there, but I've met DC in person and he seemed like a straight shooter. I'd certainly trust my Red Chariot to his shop.

Any others we should consider? How about dealers?