Friday, July 23, 2010

One book: The Art of Racing in the Rain

I like the Richardson Reads One Book idea.  I read the tea book last year and got a copy of Rain from the RPL.  All of them were checked out but there were so many copies (30?) that my hold request came through in a couple of days. 

I'm about 50 pages in.  For the first couple of pages I thought it would be maudlin "marley and me" pap, but it's shaping up.  I assumed the "racing in the rain" reference was going to be about the dog running around in the rain but that misconception was cleared up in a (for me) more interesting direction.

I should point out that when I first cracked open the book in bed my own aging, graying hound was crashed out beside the bed on his own dog pillow. So I might approach the story with a bit more bias than I otherwise might. 

No comments: