Sunday, July 11, 2010

I met Igor @ 7-11

I saw him on the tv show and have been meaning to stop in and meet him at his 7-11 on the SE corner of 75/Campbell.  I made an excuse to make trip up there and make a trivial purchase (see below).

If you haven't seen this segment, do so now.  If you are ever cynical about mankind or this country, this gentleman will restore your faith.  Consider this sample: 

"That's the story about America.  That's not story about me...  I am so thankful for this country which allow me to survive and be happy."

The moment I cracked the door Igor noticed and called out to me.  I waved and made my purchase.  Afterwards I went over to meet him. He had been cleaning up the soda machines and stopped immediately to say hello.    He was friendly and warm, and received my congratulations humbly and with gratitude.  I turned and left rather quickly because I was having some kind of allergic reaction that caused some tearing up and a runny nose all the way home.  

Welcome, Igor.  I am proud to share the Texas soil with you.  People like you make our nation great.  Іске сәт!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice posting. I just saw the episode on tv and felt the same way about him.

Anonymous said...

hi,You have a very good blog that the main thing a lot of interesting and useful! texas moving , thanks