Friday, August 28, 2009

Rode the bike lane

I rode the marked portion of the bike lane last night around midnight.

* cars were driving down the bike/parking lane

* the bike lane paint strip goes away at lasalle in the northbound lane, and terminates at beltline for the southbound lane. I assume they are still working because spray paint dabs are present on the northbound side. Perhaps it's not officially open yet.

* the bike logo stencils are not yet present. I hope they will help clue people in that they are driving in the bike lane. [note - this draft is 24hrs old - since I started writing this the logos have started showing up]

* people are parking fullsize trucks far enough away from the curb that a bicycle cannot pass without hitting mirrors or crossing the solid white line.

I don't know if having the bike lane will reduce the chances of getting run over or not.

No comments: