Saturday, May 16, 2009

Handbill posters

COR has a city ordinance requiring a permit be kept on one's person for solicitation and distribution of handbills (including door hangers).

Highland Terrace has, according to our CrimeWatch police officer / liason, been suffering an uptick in residental burglaries in the daytime. CrimeWatch has been asked to increase daytime patrols.

I had a relatively unpleasant interaction with two ATT fellows yesterday trying to sell me fiber optic everything. The first words out of my mouth were "I am not interested" but they kept fishing for information. I was polite and they finally left. This reminds me to get a No Solitictors sign, which needs to be a minimum of 3"x4" and have 3/4" lettering in order to have a binding effect on soliticitors according to the Richardson ordinance. Going to get it today.

But while I am pondering this, I got a handbill distributor on my porch. I have no complaint about them or their handbill, but thought I would roll out a new process that might help inform groups of their responsibility to get the permit. My email to them is in the next post.

No comments: