Saturday, May 16, 2009

Handbill poster: Greenville Church of Christ

The guinea pig for my new "get a permit" information campaign was a pleasant group of folks out canvassing in the light rain.

Polite, quiet, wearing their group's shirt, they appear to be doing it right. Starting the project out with an innocent group of folks hopefully indicates that I am trying to inform rather than pick on folks that I think are potential burglars.

Now, let's see if they have the permit.

"Greetings.

The attached vidcap was taken on my front porch at 10:02am, 20090516.

Does your doorhanger distributor have a solicitation permit as required by the City of Richardson?
http://www.cor.net/police.aspx?id=4336

This is not a complaint. I have no particular opinion about your
service/product/group. I send these notes to handbill distributors to make sure I know who is is my neighborhood. Highland Terrace has been experiencing an increase in daytime burglaries and as a citizen involved with CrimeWatch I want to keep my eyes open.

Many groups seem to be unaware that the city can fine handbill
distributors $500/day unless the permit is carried "on thier person" or if attaching handbills when the resident has a No Solicitors sign. Getting the permits beforehand protects both your organization and my neighborhood."

No comments: