Tuesday, April 7, 2009

City Council districts

[This is a reworking of a post I made elsewhere]

It took me a while to find any information on the City of Richardson website that shows what city council district one lives in.

I am not generally stupid or web ignorant but it took me a while to find. There are references on the COR site to the city being broken up into quadrants for this purpose, but no indication of the boundaries that I could find.

Here is what I found; a page that has a GIS-created map with a district overlay on it. It's the top map.

As with most of the other documents on cor.net, it comes up in .pdf. I wish cor.net would quit encapsulating everything in .pdf. It's unnecessary, wasteful of bandwidth, requires proprietary software (which we are likely not getting for free) and annoying. Time to write email to the COR webmaster...

No comments: