Monday, January 18, 2010

Masterplan: Heights is unaffected, right? pt 2

Again, doublecheck the official transcript to make sure I haven't gotten this all bass-ackwards.

{after the break}

Mark: I'm having an anxiety attack. I don't see NOTHIN' about Heights gymnastics!

Consultant: Well....

Mark: I mean, I know gymnastics didn't appear on the top 5, 10, or 20 concerns of the public but we are spending a metric ton of cash on it now. I really can't see us stopping the money flow until the city is bankrupted and empty of human life.

Consultant: the public is happy with the current situation. I mean, Frisco right up the road has a world-class program that is generating Olympic medal winners. Do you really want to get into an arms race in that field?

Mark: Don't get sidetracked: it's about making Heights happy. You clearly don't understand how many wheelbarrows of cash I have agreed to spend on hand talc and landing mats. My grand-daughter has friends who are all gymnasts and when she looks at me with those eyes...

Consultant: normally we use approach called "research", "sanity" and "logic". We can rework the plan using your "gotta have more gymnastics cowbell" approach.

Bob: Parks did a number on it! Everybody knows.... { munches on crackers }