Thursday, November 13, 2008

fatigue

We have been on extended hours at my Day Job for solid year. This entails coming in early, truncated or no lunch, and leaving late. The company claims we are Overtime Exempt, but this has no basis in reality and will likely eventually get their publically-traded asses in a crack at some point like happened with EA, IBM, etc. Working overtime when needed isn't a big deal. Working unpaid overtime constantly starts to affect your quality of life. In a way, I am grateful for the unpleasantness because it continually reminds me to do what I need to do in order to transition to teaching.

Sot at night I am going to night school for Texas teaching certification, and after that I do the online homework.

Not complaining so much as trying to explain my general grumpiness and the dark circles under my eyes.

No comments: