Friday, July 11, 2008

digital tv converter box scammers

If you are buying one of the boxes (out of your pocket or with one of those $40 cards), I advise you to buy it in a brick-and-mortar store rather than online.

I made the mistake of sending my $40 card info (and CC for the remainder) to a shady outfit that accepted orders although apparently had no compliant product to ship. They kept stringing along the customers until the $40 card expired. This behaviour has apparently attracted the attention of the feds but that doesn't help the customer with the expired card. Note that the NTIA smackdown came out after I placed my order and the customers still were not informed that their orders were in limbo and the cards' expirations were ticking along....

And they say that customer service is dead.

No comments: